The Career Services department at the Barcelona GSE recently announced that 94% of the Class of 2018 has been placed within 6 months of graduation. Congratulations!
This is a fantastic achievement for our alumni community and means that from the last three cohorts at the Barcelona GSE, 93% of students have been placed within 6 months of graduation.
94% of the Barcelona GSE Class of 2018 has been placed within six months of graduation.
- 81% have entered or returned to professional careers
- 19% have continued their education, entering PhD or other post-graduate programs
Professional placements by industry
Examples of employers hiring Barcelona GSE graduates in the Class of 2018 (listed alphabetically by industry)
Most common job titles: Research Assistant, Analyst, Economist, Consultant, Data Scientist.
Companies hiring the most students from the Class of 2018: European Central Bank (ECB), Caixa Bank, IESE Business School, OECD, Compass Lexecon, PwC, Accenture, Bank of England
Where the graduates from the Class of 2018 are pursuing doctoral study
18 graduates joined one of two PhD tracks organized with Barcelona GSE
- Graduate Programme in Economics, Finance, and Management - GPEFM (UPF and BGSE)
- International Doctorate in Economic Analysis - IDEA (UAB and BGSE)
PhD programs at other institutions around the world such as:
- Athens University of Economics and Business
- Boston University
- Brown University
- Cass Business School
- Center for Monetary and Financial Studies (CEMFI)
- European University Institute
- LMU Munich
- Queen Mary University of London
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Universitat de Barcelona (UB)
- University of York
The countries with the most alumni from the Class of 2018 are Spain, with 66 graduates currently living there, followed by the UK with 31 graduates, Germany with 20 graduates and the USA with 11 graduates.